Mrs. Allen's 4th Gr. Language Arts

Hertford Grammar School "Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow"

BLOGS

What is a BLOG???

A blog (a contraction of the term “weblog“) is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. “Blog” can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog. (Wikipedia, 2009)

Educational Benefits of Blogs
In addition to providing teachers with an excellent tool for communicating with students, there are numerous educational benefits of blogs. Blogs are
  • motivating to students, especially those who otherwise might not become participants in classrooms

• excellent opportunities for students to read and write.

• effective forums for collaboration and discussion.

• powerful tools to enable scaffolded learning or mentoring to occur.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/57dz3z

3 Comments to

“BLOGS”

1. March 2nd, 2016 at 1:46 pm       eward2024 Says:

A blog is kinda like a thing that you can talk about yourself. I think a blog is a website about what you want. Like say you went to vacation then you will tell what you did on vacation. Blogs can be very fun if you like to type. Blogs can help you with better typing skills and social skills.

2. March 8th, 2016 at 1:26 pm       mwoodard2024 Says:

I love to blog it is so fun. Blogging will help us communicate better. And so if we need to talk to Mrs. Allen we can talk to her at our desks. I like it because be can talk to her with no one seeing. I hope we can keep blogging!

3. March 8th, 2016 at 1:36 pm       lwilliams2024 Says:

Blogs are so cool. Someone who wants to get information out in publication can make a blog. Blogs are a free way to get information in the public

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar