Mrs. Allen's 4th Gr. Language Arts

Hertford Grammar School "Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow"

National Inventor’s Day

February 11th  is “National Inventors’ Day” in honor of Thomas Edison who was born on this day in 1847.  What do you believe to have been the best invention ever created and why?

17 Comments to

“National Inventor’s Day”

1. February 23rd, 2010 at 11:05 am       Cailey Says:

I think the best invention has to be electricity because if we did not have electricity we would not be able to watch television or play on computers. There is a lot of other things we could not do if we did not have electricity.

2. February 26th, 2016 at 2:57 pm       ewheeler2024 Says:

I think the best invention has been iPads and iPods and stuff like that. I think that that iPads and iPods have helped us learn better in school. I think that it makes school more fun.

3. March 2nd, 2016 at 1:38 pm       jinsley2024 Says:

I think the best invention is the motion picture made by Thomas Edison. It’s cool and I love sitting down with my family and watching motion picture like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Sponge Bob movie and many more show that I watch.

4. March 2nd, 2016 at 1:45 pm       fforbes2024 Says:

I think the best invention was electricity. It is my favorite because if it was not for electricity we would not have light games cars and lots of other things. I think electricity is best because if it was not for it we would not be able to have our house light up . And if we didn’t have electricity we would not have traffic lights and there would probably be more wrecks.

5. March 2nd, 2016 at 1:47 pm       wdavenport2024 Says:

The greatest invention is a truck. The truck is the greatest because it is all terrain. The truck is strong and powerful. The truck has a bed in the back to carry stuff. A truck can be useful in many ways to haul stuff.

6. March 2nd, 2016 at 1:48 pm       lbohn2024 Says:

I think it would be the telephone because without that I couldn’t talk to any of my friends that go to a different school. On the phones of today if I call somebody and they don’t answer I can either text or leave a message. Also I can call my cousin that lives in Florida.

7. March 2nd, 2016 at 1:48 pm       ksawyer2024 Says:

I think that the greatest invention was the lightbulb. Thomas Edison learned how to capture electricity in a little bulb. The lightbulb is the reason that we have I-pads today. Thomas Edison is the reason that we have all the technology we have today. The whole reson we have all this cool stuff like all the different technologies.

8. March 2nd, 2016 at 1:49 pm       hscott2024 Says:

I think that electricity is a very important tool for people to use. Also,I think that it is important because if you didn’t have it you couldn’t cook with your stove.

9. March 2nd, 2016 at 1:50 pm       mbaccus2024 Says:

My favorite invention is the toilet. It is the toilet because if we did not we would have an outhouse and a outhouse is outside. What if we had to use the bathroom when it was storming outside. I would not want to use the bathroom in a pot. GROSS .

10. March 2nd, 2016 at 2:50 pm       hscott2024 Says:

Also, I think that you need electricity because if you didn’t you would have to take a cold shower.And I think that it would be harder to cut a tree.

11. March 3rd, 2016 at 2:22 pm       ksauvageau2024 Says:

I think the best invention is electricity because if we didn’t have electricity we couldn’t see anything and we couldn’t watch tv or play iPads and other thing but now we do.But we have electricity and we can see and play iPads and stuff.

12. March 4th, 2016 at 1:43 pm       eward2024 Says:

My favorite invention is the toilet. If we had no toilet we would use a wooden pot. If a twister came you would have to stay inside an do your business in a wood bowl. If the storm lasted long the house would smell really bad, it could even give you a headache. And what is worse is that they had not invented ferbreeze or Lysol yet. And the mistake you might make is dumbing it out the window you could dump on someone else by mistake and they call someone on you and you are the one who gets in trouble.

13. March 5th, 2016 at 10:01 am       brussell2024 Says:

I think the Greatest Invention was Thomas Alva Edison’s lightbulb. We recently just studied Thomas Edison in class. Without his lightbulb, everyday we would be sitting in the dark. Of course, there are gas lamps and arc lights, but those are too bright, smelly, and are more likely to cause fires. I thought I already knew about Thomas Edison, but wow! There is so much we discussed in class that I didn’t even think about! Like how he invented the phonograph, started the Movie business, and was familiar with telegraphy. Thomas Edison was a great guy who invented a great thing. Just think, games in the dark would get boring after a while, wouldn’t they!

14. March 8th, 2016 at 8:51 am       cward2024 Says:

The light bulb because we use it every day. Like in class, at home, and at a game late at night.

15. March 8th, 2016 at 9:04 am       croberts2024 Says:

Also I think that Thomas Alva Edison’s invention was the best because if we didn’t have electricity we would be without the telephones we have today we would probably be with those telegraphs and we would have no iPads or any electricity things that’s why I think that is the greatest invention.

16. March 8th, 2016 at 1:28 pm       lwilliams2024 Says:

The light bulb. If we did not have the light bulb, we would have to use kerosene lamps.

17. March 8th, 2016 at 1:35 pm       mwoodard2024 Says:

I think my favorite thing invention is the bath and shower. If we did not have those I would stink!!!. Who wants to smell bad all the time. A long time ago they had a wodden bath tub with no warm water. Thank you she ever invented the bath Tudor!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar