Mrs. Allen's 4th Gr. Language Arts

Hertford Grammar School "Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow"

HEROES Theme

Our theme for the 3rd Nine weeks is:  HEROES.  Heroes come in many different sizes, have various ethnic backgrounds, and are different ages.  In fact, anyone can be a hero – even you!  What is a hero? Some people think a hero is a person that helps others in some way.  You don’t have to have a hero-type job like being Superman or a police officer.  Heroes are not always people who are strong and well known.  You don’t have to wear a fancy suit or fight a super villain or stop a meteor.  Heroes are people that help a person or a community.  Most heroes have strong minds and are committed to what they are doing.  Heroes may play a big role in being a hero or the may play a smaller role.    

Every community or culture has heroes and heroines.   These heroes or heroines seem to surpass the everyday person and to stand apart as models of excellence.   Discuss someone who is a hero in your eyes.   This person may be someone you know or someone you have read about in histoy.  Tell why is this person your hero?   What qualities do they possess that makes them a hero to you?

18 Comments to

“HEROES Theme”

1. February 24th, 2016 at 1:44 pm       Alta Says:

I believe that a hero is a person who thinks about others before they think about themselves. They are unselfish. They are also courageous and brave in the things they do for others.

A hero in my life is my father. He was an important person in my life because he helped me learn new things. He also taught me right from wrong. He loved me enough to believe that I could be successful and helped me in any way that he could so that I am successful as a teacher.

He is my hero because he always put me before himself. If I needed something, he would work hard to help me get it. He made many sacrifices for me and that is why he is my hero.

2. February 24th, 2016 at 2:57 pm       brussell2024 Says:

My Hero is Bethany Hamilton, because of her dedication to surfing, and because she survived a horrible shark attack, and continued to pursued her dreams. One typical day when she was 13, she was out surfing when a 14-foot Tiger Shark took off her left arm. She survived, but she didn’t have a left arm. But her surfing career wasn’t over! One month later Bethany returned to Surfing. Two years later, She won her first National Surfing Award! Bethany is my hero, Because she didn’t let a injury take over her passion.

3. February 25th, 2016 at 2:20 pm       jinsley2024 Says:

My mom is my heroine. She is understanding and nice. I always used to break stuff but she wouldn’t yell. She would say you should take better care next time. I love her and she is nice. So is my dad. He’s my hero to and my brothers. I love them all! My whole family is my hero or heroines.

4. February 25th, 2016 at 2:26 pm       ewheeler2024 Says:

My hero is my mom. My mom is my hero because she’s brave and strong. Most of all she’s a fighter. My mom is a 2 time breast cancer survivor. My mom first got her cancer when I was about 2. It came back again recently around last Christmas. Sometimes I feel like my mom feels different because she is older and she looks different without hair. I feel bad for my mom when she gets her treatment. I ask if it hurts, she says no, but I know it did. She is just trying not to make me feel bad. When I grow up I want to be as strong and brave as my mom. She is my idol. I love her so much. I think that my mom is an amazing woman. That is why my hero is my mom and I think she is better than Batman.

5. February 25th, 2016 at 2:31 pm       zlevesque2024 Says:

My dad is my hero because he is in the Coast Guard. He provides for me. He pays for me to go to him. He loves me no matter what. He helps me.

6. February 25th, 2016 at 2:36 pm       lwilliams2024 Says:

My hero is my brother Nathan.I have always looked up to him.He helps me build stuff like the bug mobile and the go kart. Nathan also helps me with math sometimes. We ride four-wheelers all the time.

7. February 26th, 2016 at 1:46 pm       eward2024 Says:

My hero is my parents. The reason they are my hero is they provided me with the things I need most. They gave me love and hope. Plus when I went to the science fair they encouraged me that I could do it. My parents have gave me everything I ever wanted they have been so loyal to me! I love them so much! And I think they are the best hero ever!!!

8. February 26th, 2016 at 1:48 pm       Keara Says:

My hero is my mom because she looks up for me and buys me what I need to survive and gives me money.

9. February 26th, 2016 at 1:54 pm       ksawyer2024 Says:

One of my heroes is my mother because she takes care of me when I am sick and she sacrifices thing so that I can get stuff. She is also a great role model and she has great handwriting. I hope I grow up to be like her.

10. February 26th, 2016 at 3:00 pm       fforbes2024 Says:

My sister is my heroine. She is my hero because she helps me . My sister helps me when no one else will . For example when I need help with homework, she always helps. Also, if our parents are gone then she helps cook dinner, lunch, and breakfast. I think that she is the best sister and best heroine.

11. March 2nd, 2016 at 1:40 pm       ksauvageau2024 Says:

My hereo is my mom. She’s my hero because she looks up for me. She also buys me what I need to survive.

12. March 2nd, 2016 at 1:40 pm       croberts2024 Says:

My dad is my hero because he does so much for me he said that his accomplishments are going to let us do what ever we want to because when he was little he didn’t get to play baseball. So he wants my dream to happen. So he’s paying all the money he has to get me to my highest potential. That’s why he’s my hero.

13. March 2nd, 2016 at 1:45 pm       cward2024 Says:

I think that that blog is very cool. It makes you think a lot. Like if you can be a hero. Like when it said everybody can be a hero – EVEN YOU. Can you be a hero or a heroine and do what it right for others? Of course you can!

14. March 2nd, 2016 at 2:55 pm       mwoodard2024 Says:

My hero is my mom.She helps me on anything anything she does she counts me in and puts me first.She will sacrifice anything for me. One time I had art and she had a cooking class on the same night. She did not go to the cooking class.

Mary

15. March 2nd, 2016 at 3:10 pm       hscott2024 Says:

My hero is God. Every time I take a test I pray before it and when I pray a get a good grade on a test. Like one time last year I prayed before the EOG and that helped me that’s why I am in fourth grade now. God has helped me through a lot of tough situations like one time I was about 3 or 4 and I was at my Meme’s house and we were on the pier and there was a rotten peace of wood.I didn’t know that it was rotten so I stepped on it and then I fell into the sound and I blacked out. So, luckily my Meme and my family were out there. So my Meme jumped into the water and then went my dad. And they saved me, but there was a miracle that God did that day. It was that someone was out there with me if there wasn’t then I wouldn’t be here today. And that is why my hero is God.

16. March 3rd, 2016 at 3:03 pm       wdavenport2024 Says:

My hero is my dad. My dad is nice to me. My daddy is very strong and tuff. The reason i say that because he will stop anybody mean from getting to me. My daddy is my hero that is what I say.

17. March 4th, 2016 at 1:38 pm       mbaccus2024 Says:

My hero is my dad because he always gets cut by crabs and crab baskets and he says it does not hurt but I do know that it hurts. One time I got hurt or stabbed by a crab and he helped me get all better. Also when I am sick he takes off work and comes and stays with me. And that is why my dad is my hero.

18. March 8th, 2016 at 1:35 pm       lbohn2024 Says:

My hero is my great grandfather that is on my grandma’s side because he was in the marines. He is retired now.When I see him he is so fun . He has no teeth. He is the best. I am glad he is apart of my family.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar